HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I need a multizone controller that will function with

Customer Question
I need a multizone...

I need a multizone controller that will function with wireless thermostats. The controller energizes the relays in the radiant systems.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

No its just a way to put the thermostats in a more favorable way than the wired ones that I have

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I already have 2 luxpro wirless thermostats

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Don't think so. The problem with the system that I have now is simply that it controls the furnace not the individual relays from their respective thermostats

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 11 days by:
1/12/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. How many zones? are you controlling zone valves or circulators?

5 zone valves
I’ve run across this before I need a wireless system the info doesn’t specify wireless

You connect your wireless EIM to this controller. There are no wireless controllers only wireless thermostats.

Rick, maybe I'm missing something here but there has to be a wireless receiver located near the furnace to pick up the signals from each of the wireless thermostats to activate the appropriate zone valves

The EIM is the receiver and you connect it to the ZVC thermostat terminals for each respective zone. When there is a call for heat the ZVC opens the zone valve and calls in the pump and burner.

Pls define EIM. If its what I think my EIM doesn't have outputs for each thermostat. It only drives the furnace

Equipment interface module. The way it "drives the furnace" is by completing the wireless connection from the thermostat. There are multi zone EIM options. Honeywell site is down. I can't spec anything else. Maybe one of my colleagues can help.

OK I get that. Maybe I will have to get a new system with these capabilities. I just haven't been able to find a controller with an embedded wireless receiver that would be compatible with the thermostats. Lets see what your other guy has to say. Thanks