HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I believe I have a taco zone valve that will not open either…

Customer Question
I believe I have...

I believe I have a taco zone valve that will not open either by the thermostat or manually.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it may be specific to the zone valve

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have checked the circulator pump, it is working and i have heat in the downstairs zone. I have attempted to purge the upstairs zone and I cannot get any flow through that zone with the zone valve in the manually-on position.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Can you move the lever on the valve head down ?

i moved the lever down. no change in temperature on the pipe on the outgoing side of the valve

Ok, if you have no flow out the purge station with the valve open the you have a frozen pipe. There's no way the valve doesn't open if you can move the lever down.