HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Emerald boiler doesn't seem to be working. System isn't that…

Customer Question
Emerald boiler doesn't seem...

Emerald boiler doesn't seem to be working. System isn't that old. Says Standby WTR 155F

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Today

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Well it is new years eve and I can't get anyone out here until Tuesday. Don't really want to freeze.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have no idea

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
Emerald Series Model EM-85
Serial Number 91120 - Dec 2012Beckett Model 7505
Interupted Ignition Oil Primary Control
Economizing High Limit: 155F
StandBy Wtr: 155F
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if the hot water in the boiler is not at 155F but cold instead, then the thermistor type sensor that is sending the temperature signal to its electronic controller is bad. You will have to wait for the part.

Tell me if the boiler is cold or not, we can go from there

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.