HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have aTrane XE 1200 AC and as of yesterday the condenser…

I have aTrane XE...

I have aTrane XE 1200 AC and as of yesterday the condenser fan and compressor won't shut off.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just started yesterday

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes If I can

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Hair Hadler works fine have a fairly new wifi thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it is only on the outside and I believe it coud be the contractor and or condensers

12/31/2017
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Did this unit run ok (correctly) after the new thermostat?

Thank you, ***** ***** the indoor unit shuts off fine but the outdoor continues you have a welded contactor.

This is the main relay the power wires attach to.

Sometimes you can pry them apart, but they will always stick again.

The only fix is to replace the contactor.

Billy

Thanks billy thats what I figured just need to go out and take it appart If I can find the service panel on my Trane XE 1200

A good clue is where the power wiring enters....get into that panel..follow the main power wires and they lead to the contactor.

Thank You I will definitely deal with it tomorrow morning

You are very welcome,

Just rate service ( 5 star system) to close.

Thank you

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech