HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Lennox direct vent elite series fireplace. The

Customer Question
I have a Lennox...

I have a Lennox direct vent elite series fireplace. The pilot lights fine. If I turn the flame switch to “on,” the flame lights. It will not work with either the wall control unit or the remote. The fireplace beeps when the remote is pressed, but nothing happens. It is a millivolt system.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?

Gas direct vent elite series

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on the problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 3 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

I​f the remote and wall unit are not working try syncing them and see if that resolves the problem. If not you may have a bad receiver unit.

Wall unit will not control flame either. It beeps when remote is pushed, but switching the wall unit manually does nothing either.
Flame comes on when manual control is set to on. Wall switch does not have any effect. It does beep when remote is pushed, but nothing happens.

I​s the wall unit a simple on/off switch or is this part of the remote/receiver/wall control system?

remote/receiver/ wall control system

I​f you could upload a few photos so I can see what you have I can better assist you, thanks.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 days ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is over 90 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer