HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

On our 3 stage furnace the power went out then an hour later…

Customer Question
On our 3 stage...

On our 3 stage furnace the power went out then an hour later came on. The furnace did not work. In the site glass the light was blinking 2 short and 3 long blinks. What does that mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Well it could use one but I do replace it regularly

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just what is the blinking code 2 short and 3 long

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 8 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there is usually a sticker on the front of the furnace or inside the blower access door that tells you what the error code means, (code 23) If you give me the brand and model number of the furnace I might be able to pull the manual on it with those codes listed.

.

Model number tag is inside the same compartment as the gas valve.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.