HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

It sat all summer with the pilot off. Started pilot this…

Customer Question
It sat all summer...

It sat all summer with the pilot off. Started pilot this winter and tired to light a fire but it would not light. Even used a lighter on the gas outlets no gas is coming out.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

This start of winter

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It sat with the pilot in off position all summer. The pilot came on but the fire would not start. Even used a lighter on the gas outlets nothing coming out to light.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 8 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Is this for a fireplace? If so what is the make and model and can you upload a photo of the controls so I can see what you have.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 months ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures, every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5 Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 6 months ago

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 5 months ago

Your assistance is needed... A​s of today this question is over 90 days old and based on the nature of the problem along with the recommendation that were provided, I would like for us to close out this question, however to do that it requires a rating by you as explained below.

Please note that the rating is only based on the experts attempt to resolve the problem. If you feel a credit or refund is applicable, please contact customer service directly as the experts are not authorized to handle these matters.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

​Thank you very much for your assistance with this, I sincerely ***** *****

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 4 months ago

Hello...

Thank you very much,

Dave