HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have our heat on, but it is still cold in the house. What…

Customer Question
We have our heat...

We have our heat on, but it is still cold in the house. What are we doing wrong. The pilot light is on.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

What settings are you talking about? And what filters are you referring to? Are they filters on the furnace? We just moved into this house a month ago and we have had this problem all month.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

My husband will unless you think we need to have NW Natural inspect the furnace for some reason.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, unless you can explain how to operate the thermostat--something we do not know. There were no operating instructions for it when we moved in.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 6 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Can you supply model number or pics of furnace and thermostat?

No. My husband will have to do that when he comes home. I will sign off and come back when he returns. Will that work for you?

yes that will be fine.

Just respond back when you can and I will be notified

Billy