HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE CARRIER 58MCA060-12 WITH A CODE 12. THE MAIN BLOWER…

Customer Question
I HAVE CARRIER 58MCA060-12...

I HAVE CARRIER 58MCA060-12 WITH A CODE 12. THE MAIN BLOWER RUNS FOR 90 SECONDS THE SECONDARY BLOWER DOES NOT RUN AT ALL.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

ABOUT AN HOUR

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IF I CAN

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I WAS A RADIO TECH IN THE SERVICE SO I KNOW HOW TO USE A MULTMETER

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

There is the smaller inducer fan with a black motor, and the much larger blower that moves air through the house, is it the smaller black inducer fan that comes on and runs for 90 seconds? and the larger grey colored blower that does not run at all?

If thats the case an you do not see the igniter mounted next to the the burners glow brightly, then it is likely that the pressure switch is stuck, or the igniter is bad (80% chance) or the printed circuit board is bad ( 20% chance).

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.