HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My gas furnace status lamp is flashing 3 times in 5 second.

Customer Question
My gas furnace status...

My gas furnace status lamp is flashing 3 times in 5 second. is it because something wrong wit pressure switch?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

Did check the thermostat. One thing i noticed last week is furnace did not have condensation water flowing out the drain? the furnace came on many times at night and turned off before blower coming on

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't have other help at this time./ I am retired from 40 years as engineer in electronics manufacturing. also now 8o years old i need to get it running before tonight before 17 degrees temp

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Where is the switch located physically?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

No condensate flowing (clogged drain?) could cause the condensate to back up and foul up the switch readings. First thing to do is disconnect and clear all condensate tubing. We usually suck them out with a wet vac. The check switch tubing for water or kinks. Also poke something into the port where the switch tubing connects to the exhuast housing (not the switch) to make sure it's open. Switch is on the front of the unit in the burner compartment near the draft fan (see attached pics for typical)