HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I currently have a Honeywell Perfect Climate Control Center…

Customer Question
I currently have a...

I currently have a Honeywell Perfect Climate Control Center with a PC8900 4-wire (Black-Red-Blue-White) t-stat connected to an W8900 controller module that wroks both AC & Heat. I want to replace it with a wifi capable thermostat (any kind). Any suggestions for a replacement controller & t-sat?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

This is to update the system

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Would try if it's a simple switch out wire for wire

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 4 months ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech

My name is Billy. Your situation is a bit different in that you currently have an interface (pc8900).

So in order for you to replace, the interface and current thermostat would be removed. Then the thermostat wire would run straight from furnace to thermostat. Once you do this any wifi thermostat could be installed.

Lately I have been installing more Sensi WiFi thermostats because they do not need a C "common" wire.

If you decide to do remove the interface and thermostat and need further help just let me know.

Billy

BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech