HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a boiler and baseboard radiator system. There seems to…

Customer Question
Have a boiler and...

Have a boiler and baseboard radiator system. There seems to be a lot of air in the system and i camt bleed it out at the radiators. Any sughestions on how to get the air out

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat settings are fine. Filters?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If its simple enough

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No dont think so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
I have tried to bleed air out of some of the radiators that are not warming up but the air doesnt seem to be coming out. I did bleed some air out of one radiator that was getting little heat and it stopped warming up all together
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. Do you have old cast iron radiators or copper baseboard?

Copper baseboard

Then you have to purge the air at the boiler. If you can post pics of the piping around the boiler here I can walk you through the process on a phone call.

Click on the link below for info on posting pics here

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

It's not that simple. I can't make out much from your pics. They're too dark and out of focus. I can see the feed valve but can't make out any purge stations. Once I get some good pics accept the call offer and I call you and walk you through it

Bad phone! Ill try later. Thanks for your help.

Ok, I'm online until 1 pm ET then after 4:30.