HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Bradford model # MITW40L5CX10 serial # LE3169822…

Customer Question
I have a Bradford...

I have a Bradford White model # MITW40L5CX10 serial # LE3169822 propane hot water heater. I have power going to the hot water heater but no pilot light. I am trying to find schematics to see if it is electrical or if there is another reason I have no hot water.

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I just started this morning or sometime overnight. The heater is not working. In the past, the pilot light would go out and I would unplug the heater and plug it back in and it would start. Also, the power vent would be running when the pilot light went out and it is not running today.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Also it is 3 degrees outside today

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No thats it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Here is a link to the manual for reference check page 9 for electrical schematic. You need to scroll down to water heaters, then select show all models, then scroll down to the M1TW 40 series and the manual is there. The 1st link is the website, the 2nd link is the link on the site.

https://www.manualslib.com/brand/bradford-white/

https://www.manualslib.com/products/Bradford-White-M1tw40s-Series-2793472.html

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer