HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My thermostat keeps turning off the furnace at all hours of…

Customer Question
My thermostat keeps turning...

My thermostat keeps turning off the furnace at all hours of the day and night.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I don't know, the furnace is only four years old and I have replaced the original Honeywell thermostat with a new one last week but it still keeps shutting down. I have followed the instructions to override the preset schedule but it doesn't work.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I'm trying to.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so, I have changed the thermostat and the filer but the problem is still there.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 6 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Have you changed the batteries on the unit and also if you pop off the thermostat does yours have a small pin row that plugs into the base?

I have replaced the batteries and everything is installed correctly.

If you pop it off the wall do you have the small pins?

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!