HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace wont go on and I reset the furnace and checked…

Customer Question
My furnace wont go...

My furnace wont go on and I reset the furnace and checked the thermostat. I think the thermostat is set correctly but the furnace wont come on.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I don't know maybe the ignitor how can you tell

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I don't have much money for repairs so i need the least expensive way

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have a comfort maker furnace. what would you suggest to do. it is very cold here in Chicago right now

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if you have a high efficiency furnace, in this weather, the condensate line tends to freeze where it passes through an unheated space and that is the problem... there can be half a dozen others as well/

.

If you want coaching

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.