HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Will a nest series 3 thermostat work with my evolution heat…

Customer Question
Will a nest series...

Will a nest series 3 thermostat work with my bryant evolution heat pump

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I want to install a Nest Thermostat. Will a nest thermostat work with my bryant evolution heat pump?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No. I believe I can change it out per the Nest instructions if it is compatable.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/31/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 4 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Unfortunately if you change over to the nest you will need a minimum of six wires between thermostat at units and will also lose the communicating features.If you want t wifi thermostat it is best to get a Carrier or Bryant dealer to install the new wi fi evelotion thermostat

https://www.bryant.com/bryant/en/us/products/controls-thermostats/

Ok. Thanks

If you decide you want to use the Nest although I don't recommend, let me know and I will guide you in doing so.PLease remember to rate my answer based on accuracy , not in being the answer you were hoping for.Thanks again

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician