HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I came home from being away for a week, and my wall unit Air…

Customer Question
I came home from...

I came home from being away for a week, and my wall unit Air Conditioner is now "running" for about 15 minutes and then going off and doing it again. No cold air is coming out, but I don't like the noise. Why is it doing this, and how can I make it stop? Thank you.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Would it do this to get me to change the filters? I only use it in the summer with the remote, I've never used the timer or thermostat settings.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Why is it doing this? Do you need to know the model number to trouble shoot it?

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Surely you want to know the model number, right?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
1/1/2018
HVAC Technician: Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

This answer is based on the information you have given.If you have any additional information you would like to add, you can use the reply box below for additional questions, comments, or would like to upload helpful photos.

If you have a heat pump, the AC has to run to defrost the out side coil, if runs a lot is real cold your alternate heat run while that is going on

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE after we are done. this will credit my account for assisting you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not have a heat pump. Your answer is of absolutely no value to me.

I am showing that you have given my answer a negative rating. Keep in mind, I can only give you truthful information as simply telling you only what you wish to hear but what may not necessarily be true would only hurt you. If you are upset at your situation but not by the quality of my answer, please consider rerating positively as I am only a messenger. If you simply want more information, feel free to reply and let me know - I am here to help you to your satisfaction. If you have other concerns, reply and let me know. I am here to make sure you are satisfied."

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
You didn't ask me any relevant questions and you took way too long to respond.

Thanks for the review.

Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer
Iohn Keffer, HVAC Technician