HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I don't remember the size of the window unit but it both…

Customer Question
I don't remember the...

I don't remember the size of the window unit but it both heats and cools ibut is the heat suppose to be on at all times

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?

The filters are clean I did that this morning. But it I S only blowing out cool air all day.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was purchased lat the first of summer this year and I'm not real use to the heating part of it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 4 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the heat is only supposed to be on when you set the controls for heating,

.

We can discuss this without any time limit, and if we do not find a setting error on your end, you should call the store, with your receipt in hand and ask for a replacement window unit.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

The control is on heat.
I read the instructions.
I just did not see if heat is on continuosly or not?
But it started working after I got everything filled out and sent.

IF its set on heat and the room is cool, and you have the temperature control set on high heat, then warm air should be blowing from the unit.

The heat should be continuous until the room warms up.

.

Is it still not working?

It is working fine now. Not sure what happened earlier but is okay now
I shut everything off then restarted unit and now it is blowing heat fine

Good work, stay in touch as needed.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer