HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Heil electric furnace model EF08B1500A3 no heat. Fan runs,

Customer Question
Heil electric furnace model...

Heil electric furnace model EF08B1500A3 no heat. Fan runs, thermostat works properly.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Filter clean. Thermostat shuts off fan when set a few degrees below current room temp, and turns system on when set to a few degrees higher than room temp.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That’s it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

So far it sounds like a bad heating element sequencing relay or a bad heating element.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

.
My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

It’s pretty tight in there. The circuit board is mounted on the top. The furnace itself is horizontally mounted, air flow is left to right while looking at the wiring diagram. The 5-amp automobile-type fuse on the circuit board is not blown. I hope that the photos are suitable. Thanks for your help.
- mark
4734080F-BCCC-4C5D-82BC...jpeg473408...jpeg2B3ED166-FEC2-4EE8-8B52...jpeg2B3ED1...jpeg03EA2358-2E16-4CA1-B514...jpeg03EA23...jpeg8AD406DE-75B8-4ADD-95B0...jpeg8AD406...jpegF0585BE2-17E9-431C-9F26...jpegF0585B...jpeg

Thanks, click here please. let me know what you can discover, we can go from there