HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

We have a Lennox thermostat 51m33. Heat was not on. When…

Customer Question
We have a Lennox...

We have a Lennox thermostat 51m33. Heat was not on. When heat went on, the thermostat clicked and went dead. Tried the reset button to no avail. Looked at owners' manual but couldn't find any troubleshooting instructions. It's 15 degrees here in Kentucky, can you help?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Tried the reset button but it only stayed on for a second or two. Will try looking at the heater filters now.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, we're senior citizens with no experience. We will check the filters, we've done that before.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just changed filter with no effect on the heater

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 9 days by:
1/8/2018
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Sounds like you may have an issue with furnace rather than thermostat.Do you have a volt meter so we can do some troubleshooting?

You must be kidding me. You’re answering my email dated 12/30. You’re asking if I have a volt meter? I’m a 73 year old female & you’re only emailing me because I questioned the charges. It was an emergency that I had & you’re treating it like NOTHING. I will be contacting my card company & disputing the charges. I used you in good faith & you’ve taken advantage. You’re a cheat & ripoff. Luckily with the 0 degree weather I am lucky to have space heaters.

I am an expert on the site.I have nothing whatsoever to do with the payment or any charges.Your question was just posted on my page today.Sorry I tried to help you. Have a great day.