HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a goodman 5 ton package heat pump and the low pressure…

Customer Question
Have a goodman 5...

Have a goodman 5 ton package heat pump and the low pressure switch is bad along with the coil temperature sensor I was wondering if I could put a timer and relay to bypass the board until I can get 1

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes been in field 20 years just trying to get a older person by until they can afford a new one have used timer and relay just was wondering how to trip the timer if it doesn't need to defrost we're in Alabama

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No it's just the timer trip to change rv and cut fan

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/30/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I amCustomer a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Make sure it is not low on refrigerant first.

Then just bypass low pressure switch and disconnect coil sensor as it is usually normaly open and may be stuck close.

Or you can run Y wire directly to contactor 24v terminal to bypass all components

I noticed question is still opened and unrated please dont forget the 5 star rating if we are done

Sincerely

Customer/p>