HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a nordyne furnace. My propane ran out. Now I have no…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a nordyne furnace. My propane ran out. Now I have no flame and am blowing only cold air.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

What do u mean double check thermosta

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Should my ignitor work automatically or do I manually light?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/30/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. What is model number of furnace. Have you had to light pilot in the past.

Well I have seen a flame it the blower box let me get model # for u
G6RD12OC-19
Serial # G6R9811-04424
I don't have good enough signal to call. But I can message

Turn power offand back on to furnace and retry system. Let me know. Russ

We have did this twice. But will try it again

See if small fan runs and ignitor lights. Russ

blower kicks on but is blowing cold air

Look inside blower housing and you will see an LED light flashing. Let me know how many times it flashes. Russ

We have a red light and it's staying on not flashing

One moment.

Ok we now have a glow in little view window
Now red light is flashing 4 times

One moment to check fault code.

Check the round limit switch on fir box about size of quarter. Small button in middle. Push in to reset and retry furnace. Russ

Did you find reset button. Flame may have rolled out when you ran out of propane

have hit reset

I s furnace working or still same flash

Resolved the issue my self. Gas company turned off gas at the tank. But thanks anyway

Do not understand why you got 4 flashes. Great job. Thanks russ

Everything working ok. Russ

sir so far. Thank u

Just checking. Russ