HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I was going to put a new thermostat up for my Mr Heater MHU…

Customer Question
I was going to...

I was going to put a new thermostat up for my Mr Heater MHU 45 heater. I was running a new wire off the c terminal. I had the wires pulled out of my junction box and did a hook-up for the c line. When I put the wires back into the junction box something shorted out and it shut the heater down. I replaced the circuit board and found out the breaker had blown. Anyways now the green led light on the circuit board is flashing instead of staying solid light. The furnace still will start. Could I have shorted something in the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It's still the old thermostat hooked up. I didn't connect the c wire yet. The old thermostat just ran off a red and white wires. I figured replacing the circuit board would do the trick, but it didn't. At least now I have power to the in the board. I'm thinking my next step is change the thermostat?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, I did all the set-up originally about 5 years ago.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I guess not for now, but thanks anyway. Don

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
12/30/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 month ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

If you connect the red and white wires together does the heater come on?

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer