HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The power went out and since then my AirFlo AF80MPA075B3B…

Customer Question
The power went out...

The power went out and since then my AirFlo AF80MPA075B3B turns on but there is no heat and then shuts off.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

New filters and the thermostat was on heat and 63 but house is 59.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe if it is simple, I am in Oregon

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have turned the power off to the furnace per instruction sheet on furnace, and turned Honeywell knob to off position after also setting thermostat to 57 (it said lowest setting)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/30/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Can you look on furnace in the blower compartment below burner. There should be a red LED flashing. Let me know how many times it flashes, Russ

Constant flash non stop
Now it is twice
Aster system tried to start
I will turn power off until morning

Should be code chart on furnace to let you know about flash code. Check and let me know. Russ

Cde on panel for 2 flashes is flame failure lockout

There is a flame sensor located on let side burner. It is held in by a 1/4 inch screw. The sensor has one wire attached. Remove and clean flame rode with sand paper. Reinstall and retry furnace. Russ

Still 2 flashes. Removed flame sensor, it was clean but lightly used sandpaper and replaced it. Checked igniter on right side, gray wire. Does not appear to be cracked in tube. Removed air filter just in case, it was clean (1 month). Furnace turns off after a cycle or two.

The flame may not be running all the way to flame sensor at times . Does furnace burners on top look clean. No rust or corrosion .Russ

Things that can cause 2 flash error codes are no gas,dirty or bad flame sensor,only part of burners lite, weak board caused by power surge.

I have gas smell when the furnace tries to start, so gas is available. I can change the flame sensor - none of the burners light. How to check for a weak board?

Start by changing flame sensor and wire to board. The flame sensor puts 5 miliamps if it is working. If you have VOM you can take wire to sensor loose and put leads in series with meter. One lead to spade on sensor one lead to wire going to sensor. If furnace lights it should put out 5 milliamps.

Power going out may have damaged board also but start with flame sensor. Russ