HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 2 x G43UF. One stopped firing. The LEDs indicate…

Customer Question
I have a 2...

I have a 2 x G43UF. One stopped firing. The LEDs indicate normal operation and the blower runs but, no heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

All that looks good, the furnace runs, just no heat.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If a part needs to be replaced, I wont do that.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I would replace electronics, but no gas fittings.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/30/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 4 months ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Can you use a jumper wire and jumper connec the R to W thermostat connections on the board to see if it starts a heat cycle?

OK. Give me 5 minutes.

Sure no problem

No change

OK also do you have the panel switch taped down or depressed when you are doing that?

I closed the cover.

Ok if the blower runs when set to FAN ON but you get nothing happening when you direct connect R to W at the board with the panel switch closed then I would say you have a defective main control board nothing else can cause that issue. Replace the board on the unit. You can even try to jumper the R and W wires at the thermostat just to double check.

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

I have 2 units so I can swap control boards to confirm the diagnosys.

Yes do that as that would tell you right away.

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH