HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have 1 zone for my first floor which includes my bedroom.

Customer Question
I have 1 zone...

I have 1 zone for my first floor which includes my bedroom. At night our bedroom gets super hot but the rest of first floor is fine. I’ve seen thermometers that can be put on a night stand so the thermostat can regulate based on that additional thermometer in a different room

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I think it’s the thermostat or really the placement We put off body heat at night so it gets warm but the thermostat is in another room so it doesn’t know it’s hot

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it’s easy then yes

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What type of heat? hot water? warm air?

My curren thermostat is a Honeywell model number RTH8580WF
Forced Hot air
I would rather text
Hello?

You can't regulate warm air heat with a thermostat on a night stand. Probably the lowest impact option would be to move the existing thermostat to an area that can better control temp in the bedroom.

Can you regulate cold air with an additional thermostat?

You could add a second thermostat for the same zone and turn off the original one at night then turn on the one in your bedroom

HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, you can use a thermostatically controlled warm air outlet in place of the existing one in the bedroom

.

Click here please

Tell me if that is the type of warm air outlet you have, or if you have around one in the ceiling .

We can go from there without any time limits.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.