HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Have a Buderus GB142. In heating mode, temp indicated only…

Customer Question
Have a Buderus GB142...

Have a Buderus GB142. In heating mode, temp indicated only gets to about 110-120 F even though dial setting is at 170 F. Circulators work, but not enough heat in fluid to meet demand fron thermostat. Any thoughts?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Shut off/reset thermostats. Air flow is good.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible, yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Try this. Heat pumps were installed w/o low temp cutoff. Boiler was supposed to be supplemental. I have shut off breakers to heat pumps (air handlers still on) and thermostats are in "emergency " mode.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

Does the burner shut down or run continuously?

runs continuously

Then the boiler is undersized and can't keep up with demand. If you have programmable thermostats it's best to override program and hold ~70 around the clock when weather is this cold. Systems are not designed to make up the temp rise from an overnight setback in extremely cold weather.