HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My eb20b electric heater is blowing cold air I have replaced…

Customer Question
My eb20b electric heater is...
My eb20b electric heater is blowing cold air I have replaced the thermostat and we are still getting cold air coming from it what could be our problem now with it and could you tell me step by step how to check for this problem and what I need to fix my heater.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Issue is most likely a bad sequencer,fuse or breaker.The first step is to check power into and out of the breakers or fuses in bottom right corner of furnace. If power 240v present then we would move to sequencer. Check for 24 volts to coil of sequencer.

If 24v to coil on sequencers.If we have 24v to sequencer coils , check power 240v at elements.If no voltage to elements replace sequencer.If voltage to elements but not coming on elements are broken and need to be replaced. I will attach pics of components and wiring diagram

I would check that with a voltage meter right and I would need a diagram so I would know what I am doing

That is correct/ Making you a drawing

Thank you
I will check those and get back to you later today
OK I checked that area you said was a common problem what is that part so I can order it and replace that part?

It is called a sequencer .Here is a link.You may be able to Google the part number shown and find a better price.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermostat/S13120A3571/2340546?modelNumber=EB20B