HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a empire direct vent 25,000 btu LP gas heater and…

Customer Question
I have a empire...

I have a empire direct vent 25,000 btu LP gas heater and when it starts it make a whistling noise. I unplugged the blower and it still make the same noise?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?

The fuel is a new fill and it appears to be clean

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I have a furnace guy to do the work

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats about it,it runs fine but we can't get the whistling to stop

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 8 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Most common cause of whistling is low gas pressure. Have your furnace guy check the inlet (should be 11-12" WC) and manifold (3-3.5" WC) pressure