HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

The control board on my Goodman seems to be bad. When the…

Customer Question
The control board on...

The control board on my Goodman seems to be bad. When the furnace would not start I opened it up and only if I moved around the control board would it start making some clicking noises, almost like it has a short.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

I replaced the igniter, the flame sensor and the air pressure switch. And yes, the filters are fine as I change it every two months.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I think I have done all I feel comfortable doing.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The red light on the circuit board is constantly red. Whenever it is in just the right position to actually send power out, it will click several times somewhat similar to when the starter on a car is going out.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 7 months ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Whats the exact model number( found inside furnace on sidewall sticker)