HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My Rodgers programmable thermostat us not working, current…

Customer Question
My White Rodgers programmable...

My White Rodgers programmable thermostat us not working, current temp and time are flashing. Heat runs for a minute when turned on and off then cuts off. Temp inside is 58.

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes both

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Two stage system, upstairs is fine

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the problem is with the furnace itself, not the thermostat in this case.

.

It is about 50% likely that a dirty flame sensor rod is the problem. it pokes into the fire box just above the burners and all you can see is the white ceramic end of it... with one wire attached... remove it and clean it down to bare metal using, **plumbers emery cloth.

Let me know how that goes. click here for some pictures

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.