HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have an old Lennox elite series gas furnace from 1985-90.

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old Lennox elite series gas furnace from 1985-90. When it turns on, it runs for maybe a minute and then shuts off, even if the thermostat is signalling for more heat. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I think they are both okay, but I will get new filter.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If possible

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Does he fan turn on. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the fan turns on when the furnace fires up. If the furnace doesn't turn on when it's supposed to based on thermostat, it seems to reset by turning furnace wall switch off for a few minutes. Then when switched back on, furnace works okay for several hours or even days.

Ok. On the furnace check to see if you have a furnace board in blower compartment. Really need the model number.Russ

That is furnace board. The bot***** *****ghts should be lit. Russ

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both are currently flashing while heat is working.

The furnace door has to be closed for them to light

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
True. But what do I do when it stops working again?l?l

Does the furnace fir and wirk.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have already explained the problem in some detail if you look at my previous comments. Currently, the furnace is working properly. But 6 times in the past few days, it has stopped working while the temp in the house drops significantly. At those times, I restarted the furnace by turning off the furnace wall switch for several minutes and then flipped the switch on again. So far, each time the furnace started working but later fails at random times.

Opt out.

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer