HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnancedon't put heat out and want shut off. I don't…

Customer Question
My furnancedon't put heat...

My furnancedon't put heat out and want shut off

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

I don't know where filters are

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I don't know who install it it is about 2 or 3 years old it is a gold cgt gas fired water boilerwith tankless heater

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It is weil mcleain

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, if you do not know where the filters are, then you have not been changing the filter, so its clogged with dirt and the furnace is shut down when it tripped its high temperature limit safety.

The filter is in one of 3 places, inside the blower compartment of the furnace, or in a slot next to the furnace, or inside of large louvered return air grill next to the furnace or in the ceiling... with two small crews or levers to release to remove the filter.

CHange the filter, then unplug the furnace for 20 minutes, and then plug it back in, and tell me if it heats or not.

We can go from there.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.

Can you tell me who to call for maintenance please my no. Is ***********

Iam87. So i need help

We just answer technical questions here, and have no connection to your building. Tell me about your building and I will attempt to advise you

If you are in a private residence, tell me which direction from the center of the nearest town or city