HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Pilot will not stay lit. I did replace the thermocouple.

Customer Question
My Pilot will not...

My Pilot will not stay lit. I did replace the thermocouple. what next?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It has been working ok about one day ago it made a pop noise and the fire went out .I do have it all apart .

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes with some guidance .

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Model Osborn Victorian J - Series.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

M​ost likely the problem is going to be the gas valve itself, either an internal electrical problem or the diaphragm assembly has a problem and is not letting the gas through after you switch from Pilot to On. If you can take a photo of the gas valve and pilot assembly I can see the best way to assist and advise you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
David, did you get the picture I sent you?

No nothing was posted

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

As of this posting I have not been able to locate any additional information on this specific issue, and since I have not received any reply or feedback from the recommendations I mentioned above, I trust they have been helpful in resolving this problem. However, if you are still needing additional assistance, please let me know by using the reply box below, otherwise I will proceed in closing out this question.

Thank you,

Dave

I was reviewing my open questions list and noticed this one has not been answered or replied to. Did you still need help with it or should it go back to customer service for proper processing?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No I do not need your help.

O​kay thank you for letting me know I appreciate it, and in order to close out the question, it requires that it be rated as explained below. Please note the rating has nothing to do with receiving a credit or refund if applicable, it merely tracks how the question was responded to by the experts.

One of the goals here at Just Answer, is to provide each customer with the best experience possible and for the experts to earn a 5 Star Rating based on their responses, recommendations, and professionalism, when answering questions. If I have achieved that goal for this question, please take a few moments to rate my service and select the 5 Stars before logging out.

It has been my pleasure providing an answer for you today, however if additional service is needed, please use the reply box to let me know and I will respond back once I have the requested information.

Enjoy the rest of your day,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 7 days ago

Hello... As part of our continuous follow up procedures,every open question requires it to be closed out once it has gone past a reasonable time, and that the expert has provided an answer that should have helped resolve your question. This can be done simply by completing the 5Star Rating once it appears. If you still require assistance or have additional questions, you can let the expert know by replying to this posting that you still need their advice and recommendations.

Thank you,

Dave

David Bowden
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor