HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My furnace is firing up about 50% of the time when calling…

Customer Question
My furnace is firing up...
My furnace is firing up about 50% of the time when calling for heat. I can hear hear the inducer fan run then a click for the gas but no ignition. Seems like sometimes the surface ignitor doesnt want to glow every time. I've changed the surface ignitor but still having the same problem. Any help would be much appreciated
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/28/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, the ignitor relay mounted on the printed circuit board is the next prime suspect.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower, , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and I will mark them up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I hope these pictures suffice, I can take more if needed.
20171228_184613.jpg2017122...jpg20171228_184602.jpg2017122...jpg20171228_184634.jpg2017122...jpg20171228_185450.jpg2017122...jpg

Thanks, ***** ***** jumper wire as shown in red, if the gas valve then opens and furnace fires, the problem is that one of those switches has tripped, use you ohm meter with the wires from each device disconnected to discover which has tripped or gone bad,

click here please

,

If you have 24vac to the gas valve and there is no fire and you can smell gas, then the gas valve is going bad.

We can go from there as needed,

.

.