HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

On my Goodman gas furnace, the igniter is red but it never…

Customer Question
On my Goodman gas...

On my Goodman gas furnace, the igniter is red but it never light the gas burners

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the pilot light?

It's only 2 years old (new house) so don't think there isn't a pilot light. It has been super cold and the drip valve pipe froze

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Maybe

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have thawed the 1 inch pipes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/28/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello.

The igniter needs glow almost white hot for it to work, a dull red indicates a bad igniter.

You can order a new one here http://www.shortyshvac.com

.

Tell me if the inducer fan comes on, and if any flame ever develops.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

What about the frozen pipes? Also we have nest therostat

Thanks, ***** ***** NEST worked earlier for weeks or months, then its not the problem.

If the condensate drain line froze, then the igniter would not get hot, and if the burner fired it would go out right away

I just got off the phone with nest therostat. The thermostat shut off once the furnace shut off so we had ato remove a wire from the thermostat and now the heat is working