HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Aprilaire 700 humidifier is not working properly. The…

Customer Question
My Aprilaire 700 humidifier...

My Aprilaire 700 humidifier is not working properly. The humidistat on the side of the furnace reads 50% while the actual humidity throughout the house is only 30%. Is this something I can fix myself, or do I need a technician?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

Yes, I replaced it on 11/23/2017. But maybe I need to replace it again.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on how complicated it is.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine, keeping the humidity in the high 40s until about the beginning of December. It works fine when I turn the knob to "test".

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
12/29/2017
HVAC Technician: gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician replied 1 month ago
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician

Russ here. Sorry about wait. Just picked up question. Try moving humidistat higher. If it worked in Test is should work in Humidification unless you have bad humidistat. Let me know if moving humidity higher works. Russ

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer