HVAC

Connect one-on-one with a verified hvac technician who will answer your question

Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

More related answers
All hvac technicians are VERIFIED
BillyHvac how are you. and im in sun city west az. i have a
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman Service Technician
hey BillyHvac how are you. my name is ***** ***** im in sun city west az. i have a confusing intermittant problem where the air blows ice cold 40-53 deg f for a bit n then gets warmer....80-90-100 deg… read more
Quick question - my a : My a.c stopped working about a week
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, hvac technician
My a.c stopped working about a week ago - i replaced the air capacitor & the fan started rotating. I keft it on for a few minutes just to nake sure it was working, however i turned the a.c last night & the fan had stooped moving again. … read more
R.g., and I have a trane xl16i. I noticed yesterday that the
BillyHvac
Hello r.g., my name is ***** ***** I have a trane xl16i. I noticed yesterday that the unit was not cooling to the set temp. And last night I turned the unit off. Today I started trouble shooting and I… read more
my trane heating system is not working and the heat icon on
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
my trane heating system is not working and the heat icon on the thermostat is flashing. I reset this by turning off the system for several minutes, reset the circuit breakers and have checked the unit… read more
I have a Trane XL80 furnace that is about 20 yrs old that is
Theplumber717
Theplumber717, Plumber
I have a Trane XL80 furnace that is about 20 yrs old that is used very little.Sometimes when I turn up the thermostat it works normally, heat & shut down correctly. Other times the little fan comes on… read more
trane xe70 furnace won't come on. power onn Thermastat on,
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
trane xe70 furnace won't come on. power onn Thermastat on, setting fan to on causes fan to run, bottom door attached so sensor works. powered on and off, get humming when power turned on with bottom d… read more
Hey there, I have a Trane XB13, MODEL#: 2TWB3030A1000AA. Problem
Jerry, Plumber
Hey there, I have a Trane XB13, MODEL#: 2TWB3030A1000AA. Problem outdoor fan not running, no hum from condenser, fan easy to push, capacitor not bulging, indoor blower working, and checked all power s… read more
I have a Trane xr90 heater. History is it is 6 years old and
Tim H.
Tim H., Lead building engineer
I have a Trane xr90 heater. History is it is 6 years old and worked fine until last May. I could hear the exhaust fan try to run (hear a click, click, etc.) I took the cover off and the fan was rusted… read more
I have a trane XE90 and a few days ago it stopped working and
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
I have a trane XE90 and a few days ago it stopped working and began humming for about 15 seconds every few minutes. I realized it was no longer blowing air so I turned it off. Later that day I turned … read more
i have a horizontal eletric ignition trane heater for heating
Douglas
Douglas, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
i have a horizontal eletric ignition trane heater for heating and cooling my house , i think its about 12 years old ,when my thermostat (type 1f80-51 white and rogers) calls for power the trane heater… read more
Hello, last night my AC stopped working. Went out and checked
Tim H.
Tim H., Lead building engineer
Hello, last night my AC stopped working. Went out and checked the unit, and found it just sitting there huming. Touched the fan and found it hot. Opened up the side panel and spun fan by hand, and it … read more
I have a Trane xr13 heat pump installed 3 years ago by Dial
gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Service manager and owner
I have a Trane xr13 heat pump installed 3 years ago by Dial One. If you ask me it has never heated or cooled properly. I have people from dial one come out twice a year and do maint. check. They alway… read more
My 2 year old Trane a/c unit stopped working last night. Had
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
My 2 year old Trane a/c unit stopped working last night. Had it set for 75 all day and it worked fine. Went to lower the temp before I went to bed and the words "cool on" were blinking below the the n… read more
i have an amrstrong ultra 80 oil furnace, the heater motor
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
i have an amrstrong ultra 80 oil furnace, the heater motor won't kick on all time. it will run then after so many times of running, all that happens that the blower stays on. then i shut the furnce do… read more
my trane heating unit aheatpump unit outside is steaming and
BARRY
BARRY, owner
my trane heating unit aheatpump unit outside is steaming and humming and the fan is running some time or not all the time.… read more
Cant get the fan started on my larger trane ac unit. It was
BillyHvac
Can't get the fan started on my larger trane ac unit. It was working fine until today. I have had both units about 3 years.… read more
I installed a slightly used trane split system a few months
Rick Mather
Rick Mather, HVAC Technician
I installed a slightly used trane split system a few months ago. 2TWR1030 (2.5 Ton) w/ tvx outdoor unit with 3 Ton air handler in attic. Adjusted charge correctly by following curve on paperwork using… read more
Heat pump compressor makes a metallic clunk or bang (single
Jim Eastwood
Jim Eastwood, Lead service
Heat pump compressor makes a metallic clunk or bang (single event) when the unit comes on or goes off. System performance is fine.… read more