HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am having trouble with moms furnace. It is a gibson kg6rc…

Customer Question
I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with moms furnace. It is a gibson kg6rc 080c-12b. It works right most of the time. About once or twice a day the furnace wont come on without jacking the temperature up 5 degrees above what it is set on. We keep it on 75. Sometimes it will drop to 72 and still not kick on. Move the thermostat to 80 and it comes on.Works fine and then randomly does it again. I replaced the thermostat and it still does it.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

It is not the thermostat

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/28/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Are you getting a flashing LED on the control board when it misbehaves?