HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Payne havoc system and having problem getting it to…

Customer Question
I have a Payne...

I have a Payne havoc system and having problem getting it to fire up now. First it was just blowing air from the fan and no heat. I turned off the power and no not will not start back up

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostat is turned up high and filter is clean.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Hoping too. Red light in the door is solid

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/28/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 6 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you look inside the burner compartment on label on side panel and get me the model on your furnace? Then I want to eliminate thermostat from being issue. To do this open blower section and use a jumper a pair of needle nose pliers or something and connect R and W terminals on furnace control board, hold door switch in and tell me if furnace will come on.

https://i.imgur.com/JprQdYv.png

Model pg9maa048100
When I jumped r and w it would start

OK if jumping R and W make sit start that tells us problem is the thermostat

Go to thermostat and remove cover do same.Connect r and w wires and see if furnace comes on.

When I try to by pass at the thermostat it doesn’t come on

Hmm may be a break in wiring.Look and see if there is a float in drain or any place our 24v circuit may be broken