HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Diagnostic code: Red-Slow Flash, On. Indicates limit switch…

Customer Question
Diagnostic code: Red-Slow Flash...

Diagnostic code: Red-Slow Flash, Green On. Indicates limit switch open. How do I reset the limit switch?

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

It stopped working in the middle of the night.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have followed the procedure for restarting, but no luck

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/28/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 6 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your

issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation. What is the brand and model of your furnace?

Lennox G43UF
I don't want a phone call. Are you there?

Call prompt is automatic I have no control over it. We can continue here

Have a little patience, I'm not a machine and it takes a while to research your model.

You can't reset the limit. If it's working properly it will reset itself once it cools down. Do you know where it is? do you have a multi-meter?

When was the last time the filter was changed? There is a primary on the front and possibly a secondary on the blower housing. Do you have continuity across the main limit and where the limit circuit leads connect to the board?

The filter was dirty. I'll have to find the leads.

Ok, dirty filters can mean poor air flow and an overheating heat exchanger which trips the limit but it should reset on its own after it cools down. If the limit is still open it will have to be replaced.

OK. I'll check it out. Thanks

You're welcome