HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How to wire a amana circuit board on a Gas furnace, model #

Customer Question
How to wire a...

How to wire a amana circuit board on a Gas furnace, model # GUSA090bx40, serial #(###) ###-#### we had wired all the wires and ave two left over a purple and a pinkish red, everything seems to work except it wont ignite

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Roughly 1999, model is GUSA090BX40

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No I had a local repair man do the work and we ended up with two extra wires, the repairman that I had previously had removed the board and does not know where he placed it so we are starting from scratch

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There are two wires left over that are not on the schematic and we don't know where they go, this board was around $5.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/28/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Let me see If I have a wiring diagram

We have a pinkish red wire coming out of block # 7, and a purple wire that looks to go to the gas valve, the purple wire is run in a rubber block between the lower and upper compartment, there are two purples in this block but we think the one goes to the upper compartment to a pressure switch
I dont understand, the schematic, shows gray, but it is a factory wire that is going into block 7 that is pinkish red, it does not look as if was altered, I dont want to be a pain, but the board cost me over $500.00 and i dont want to make a mistake and blow out the board. my gray wire is hooked into number 11 on the block
The violet and the pink wires come out of the block on the control board and run down to a connector 8 inches away, the pink and the violet come out of this connector and have 10 inches of wire on them with a female spade attached to each

I agree and don't want to tell you wrong. Is there a wiring diagram on panel showing the wires you actually have?

we followed the diagram to wire the new board and came up with 2 extra wires, the violet and the pinkish red. This all started with the blower motor going bad, I had an HVAC heating company come in and replace the blower motor and they actually blew out the board trying to hook up these two hanging wires and they are telling me a board could not be found but they would be happy to install a new furnace, I had no problem finding the board, it is a universal board but fit right in and hooked up just like the other with 2 wires hanging. The diagram on the furnace also shows the number 7 spot gray but there is a pink wire in that spot

I do not think this is something you will be able to solve online.Universal board are not always compatible even though advertised that they are.

If those two wires are different or not included on the factory wiring diagram there is no way other than guessing to know where to put them and like you said, one wrong guess could fry the board.

I apologize for wasting both of our time, but had you informed me all of this in opening question I would have passed over the question.

The website guarantees 100 per cent satisfaction so as long as you do not rate anser we can request a refund of your deposit since this cannot be solved online

The block on the circuit board has 4 across and 3 down -vs- the wiring diagrams 3 across and 4 down

Yeah this one will be impossible to answer online.

Thanks for your time,

THanks for allowing me to try to help

airheatman
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician