HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Rheem Criterion ii that will not light. There is no…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Rheem Criterion ii that will not light. There is no clicking sound from the igniter.

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just tonight

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can, I do most of the maintenance in my home including electrical, plumbing and framing.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: HVAC
12/28/2017
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 1 month ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH

One moment please..Note it takes time to type and add links so please be patient. Also the site will send you a phone call offer, that is not me.

Does the inducer fan come on?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
the fan comes on. The igniter does not click at all and I tried using a long handled lighter to light the gas, but no gas is flowing out. The green light is blinking two short blinks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The two blinks means the pressure switch is open.

That is a pressure switch code, meaning the pressure switch is not closing when the exhaust fan is coming on. So you need to check and make sure the exhaust fan comes on first. You can cycle the power off to the unit at the switch or breaker for a minute and turn it back on to clear the code and restart a heat cycle making sure the thermostat is on or you have R to W jumpered on the board in the furnace. If the fan does not come on check the fan for power. If the fan does come on and nothing is plugged in the exhaust or intake vent then check the pressure tube for blockages. That is the rubber tube that connects the pressure switch to the blower housing. If that tube is blocked or cracked that code will come up. You need to check the port where the tube connects to the exhaust blower housing make sure that port is not blocked with crud. Normally it is one of these issues causing that code on the furnace. Lastly you have to check all condensate lines on the unit, especially the drain line that comes out of the inducer motor housing to make sure nothing is blocked causing a backup of condensate water.

Happy Holidays..All I ask is please use the....FINISH BY RATING link at the top your page to select a 5 STAR RATING before leaving today....this is important for my status on the site plus without a rating I will receive ZERO credit(NO PAY) from the site for assisting you. Also rating now does not close the question out and you can come back anytime for FREE right here to me......Happy Holidays!

Hi there,
I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, I am not credited anything until a good star rating is supplied I would really appreciate it if you could do that thanks!

HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH