HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

One day - Want to have just the heat temperture and the hold…

Customer Question
One day - Want...

One day - Want to have just the heat temperture and the hold temp to show on screen. have 1F78 5/2 Day model

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Currently it switches from time to temp

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The flashing of time then temp is driving my wife crazy hehe. was working where only the current temp and the hold temp were showing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
Don't want to use program, just hold
12/28/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello if you still need help, give me a few minutes to type up a response

Hi Phil, Yes, I still am looking for help on this issueThere were problems with JustAnswers website. I called shortly after I received your question and was informed by the support person at Just Anwers that their site was down and to try again in a hour or so.Thanks,
Joe Ryan (###) ###-####

Hello again Joe, the entire site was down, I just got back up myself.

.

click here please, see page 4 heading 'temperature display adjustment' follow those instructions.

apparently this model of thermostat has seen some internal programming changes regarding the temperature display.

.

Let me know how that works, we can go from there without any time limits.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

tried following - click here please, see page 4 heading 'temperature display adjustment' follow those instructions- pressed the up and down button for 2 seconds and also tried longer than 2 seconds - did not change the display settings just allowed for temp to go up or down. Hold light on was display so I tried same 2 seconds after pressing time, program and run while sytem button was on off - no dice on any of them
Also tried back light operation as instructed im manual and no option to turn on backlite showed

Thanks, ***** ***** the best I have to offer, I will opt out so that other experts here can jump in if they have a solution.