HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a new GREE 12,000 BTU LIVO+ ductless mini split

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new GREE 12,000 BTU LIVO+ ductless mini split system. I performed the startup yesterday and after about 30 minutes on the heating function it flashed a code "FO". I did notice that it was not heating but bc it is a heat pump I figured it may take a while to begin the heat cycle. I turned the breaker off and verified all components of system are correct and then turned it back on. It did not flash a code but still did not heat. I did not have the time to stay there another hour so I have turned it off at the breaker. Why is it flashing this code and why doesn't it heat?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Thermostats settings... what about this? I placed it on 79°F in the heat mode. yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Is this an auto reply?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Yes I installed myself

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, tell me what the pressures at the coil connection manifold are when its in heating mode, then again when you put in cooling mode and let it equalize for 10 minutes with the outside unit running.

Tell me please of you added any refrigerant to the system after installing it.

.

We can go from there.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.