HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I've been having a problem with my he. Hvac... It's set on…

Customer Question
Hi I've been having...

Hi I've been having a problem with my he

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Hvac... It's set on heat but it blows out cool air and after a few minutes the aux heat turns on After a few minutes aux heat if off and it blows cool air again

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

It just goes on and off

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I called a tech but he said it was normal but I'm not too convince

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I just bought the filters to change them and I don't knokw if changing the setup option will help

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 7 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, Its normal if its colder than 20 or 30F outside and the heat pump is shut down. If the heat pump outside runs intermittently today its not normal.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

.