HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Carrier infinity thermostat displaying "System Malfunction"

Customer Question
carrier infinity thermostat displaying...

carrier infinity thermostat displaying "System Malfunction" message.

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

The system continues to operate normally, so it does not seem to be a larger HVAC problem. The online manual says to depress the right button to override the "system malfunction" message, but depressing this button does nothing.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't think so. I think all I need is guidance on how to property operate the thermostat, given that the HVAC is operating normally

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, turn the power off to the furnace/ air handler, then gently pry the thermostat from its sub base, and replace the batteries if your model has them, put the batteries in *backwards* for 30 seconds, then remove them and replace them in the correct position.

.

Let me know how that goes after you you turn power back on to the furnace/air handler.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Problem solved meantime with a technician visit. Thank you.

You are welcome