HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a armstong air furnace-- heat up and running for

Customer Question
I have a armstong...

I have a armstong air furnace-- heat up and running for about 5 min and then it shut off, but blower still runs.. I check the code 6+4

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes, I got the thermostat setting to 68 and gets to 66 and then it just recycle. I replace the thermostat.. doesn't same thing.. I check the flame sensor and filter is good

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I going to try, just order a new flame sensor and a rollover switch

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

What does the 6+4 code mean

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 6 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

Most thermostats are off by a few degrees, as a test set yours to 72F and see if it heats the house to 70F or not.

Next I need the full model number of the furnace to pull the manual with the error codes, however most of those furnaces have a large error code sticker on the furnace, sometimes its on the wiring diagram glued inside the blower compartment door.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.