HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

All my windows have condensation. Can I turn off the water…

Customer Question
All my windows have...

All my windows have condensation. Can I turn off the water to my G3203-75-2 to lower the humidity?

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

About a month. It's below zero here right now and every morning I have about 1" of ice/condensation on the lower edge of my window glass - getting worse with the cold weather. The house is very well insulated.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it's a simple furnace adjustment I can do it myself.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that occurs to me

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: HVAC
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 7 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Condensation in very cold weather is common at comfortable humidity levels. Turning the water off to the humidifier will drop the humidity to ambient and should all but stop condensation.

Thank you

You're welcome