HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My desa garage heater does not come on. For about a week. it…

Customer Question
My desa garage heater...

My desa garage heater does not come on

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

For about a week. it used to come on but it has not been used in 3 years

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes if possible the pilot light is lit, and the heater and remote have new batterys

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Its cold out there without it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/27/2017
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 8 months ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician

Can you provide the model on heater?

NZ118
ok

Sounds silly but are you sure batteries are properly installed (+/-) in both remote and receiver. More times than you can imagine we have determined one battery was installed backwards.

will check and let you know, however this is the second set of new batterys

Also verify the simple things.PLugged in to power, control known on valve turned to On (not left in pilot position)

ok batterys are in right, power is plugged in and control is positioned to on

Next have you verfiied the codes match on receiver and remote (that no one messed around and changed )

Codes are both at A1

OK the only other thing mentioned in the manual is a clogged burner orifice or gas pressure issue which could be gas inlet pressure or bad valve.You could clean the orifice but checking valve and inlet pressure would require getting a technician with a manometer to do.

ok thanks can you suggest technician for this heater in the area of 48042

Unfortunately I am in in south Alabama so not sure about who in Michigan would service. You might try calling around to local heating contractors.

Since Desa filed bankruptcy in 2009 an is no longer around, there is no longer a service provider locator site online.

Wish we could have got this solved online.
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.
To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.